I got a flight in this morning before the rain moved in, and then that was it for flying, so after that it was time to do other stuff. I got a lot done, but have a lot more to get done. One of my projects is to put together some photos for T-6 promotional stuff. That's harder than it sounds because I don't have a folder for "T-6", I just have events by date and a TON of photos from the last 8-10 years! So it's hard to move through them and find just the right ones to use. But I'm workin' on it.
Speaking of the T-6, it is out of annual and ready for its test flight. Of course the next two days the winds are going to be up to 30 knots on Thursday, and Friday is calling for up to 45 knots! That's some serious business, and I shall not be flying the T-6 during that, for any reason. So the first time I'll fly the T-6 in awhile will be on Saturday, when I fly it into a large event at Purdue University, landing in front of a large group of people. Then I will do a formation fly-over, with a Bearcat and maybe a T-28, timed closely, for the first time since last summer, in front of Bob Collings of the Collings Foundation (https://www.collingsfoundation.org/), one of the largest warbird organizations out there, oh, and the large crowd, for the Grand Prix event held at Purdue. No practice. No pressure. No problem. ;)
Kaylee is off working on choreography with Meredith tonight, and last night. They're spending at least 4 hours a night working on that right now. It's crazy! But an honor to do.
My student today texts me "I think the left tire looks low but I'd like your professional opinion." I get out there and it's about half flat. Yeah, I think that's low. lol We air it back up, and then he asks "How will we know if it's going to stay inflated?" We won't. I offered to cancel if he was concerned. He said "Are you okay with it? What would happen?" I told him we wouldn't be at risk of getting killed or anything that exciting, so he said he was okay with it if I was. We flew for 1.2, and the tire was okay when we put it away. Later that day Steve went out there, and the tire was down again. So...time to replace a tube. Or valve stem. Or somethin'.
BOB was supposed to get its spar x-rayed today, but it didn't happen. They didn't have what they needed. So the people that came out ended up wasting their time, both on our end and on theirs, but at least they can't charge us for it yet.
Steve is going to get his "Basic Air Boss" ticket, and do some very small shows, with Billy W., who wants Steve to Air Boss and me to come and do T-6 rides at these events. I think it's going to be kind of fun, actually. My favorite part about that, is that it takes that away a bit from a certain other ride program and air boss. It won't be a lot, just a few, but it'll be fun, and it will bug someone else, so as long as we do a few rides, it'll be a win/win and worth it. I'm in. Let's do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment