Monday, October 29, 2018

Accomplishing Much on Monday

Steve has been working on his CFI renewal.  He started last night, and finished up tonight.  So he's got his certificate printed off, and has completed that task.  He'd given himself a few days to do it, so he's feeling pretty good about having tomorrow of to do other things he needs to catch up on now.  He also got the lawn  mowed and some other things done, so he's feeling pretty good about the day.

Kaylee had to dress up for Encore tonight, Halloween practice.  They all had to come in costume, and dance.  Kaylee dressed up as Mary Poppins, and she was adorable.  I did not get a good photo of her.  There is too much clutter behind her.  But she won the costume contest for tonight, and won a ceramic pumpkin, which she promptly dropped and broke.  Steve will try to glue it back together sometime.  She's currently working on a large paper, and keeps asking me words to use and sentence structure stuff.  She's already a good writer.   :)

I cleaned up my paperwork pile.  Banking done.  Post office runs made.  Lunch with friends. Paperwork filed for SMA.  Emails done.  Questions answered.  A few things organized.  A very good day for me.

I only took one flight.  I was pacing around the living room, and Steve asked if I was twitchy.  Kind of, yes.  So I asked Siri what time the sun set.  A couple hours later, when I told Steve I was going out to fly the Cub, Steve said he was "shocked".  ;)  The sky was blue, the winds were light, and it's the only day within about a week that will likely be good enough for that.  It was chilly, and the trees haven't fully started changing yet.  They've just begun.  So it wasn't ideal, and if I'm lucky I'll get to go back up one more time on a sunny day before all the leaves have turned brown and fallen or been blown off.   I still enjoyed the flight.  When I landed, the sun was down, the runway lights were up, and it was a pretty evening.  Cold with the door open, but pretty.

Now I have to try to get to sleep so that I can be up by 5 am.  :o






 


A blurry shot of Glenndale

Chuck & Judy's house

Glenndale





The City of Kokomo

Kokomo Resevoir



Morning Star Church from the air.

Sunset in the Cub



Kokomo Runway
 
Runway 23



The Cub with a new set of removable chocks. So lightweight and easy to use!

Kaylee as Mary Poppins. She also had a red umbrella and flowers on her hat.

No comments: