They say it takes one day per hour difference in time zones to fully recover. I really think it's easier in this direction. Staying up until what would have been 4 am my time was way easier than getting up 5 hours early over there was. So tomorrow morning when I have to get back up at 6 am for a trip to St. Louis, I think it might actually be harder again now that I feel pretty well adapted to our time zone, after just two days. In the morning I'll find out if I really am adapted again or not. ;)
I've been working on my email communications, paperwork, SMA stuff, things I got behind on, and tomorrow was going to be my last day to do that, until this flight came along. But once it did, I'll take it, too. An easy trip to St. Louis and a pay day I could use, plus the first time I've been in a small plane in a couple weeks. Again, too long. I have hardly flown this whole year, way less than average. I was sick for two weeks, I was gone for two weeks, weather tanked for about a month straight, it's just been SLOW. Tomorrow I'll be right seat, so I still won't actually be doing the flying. I'm going to have to fix that soon. I'm getting twitchy. The Cub that was sent in for annual July 31st, was then going to be done by the end of March, is now supposed to be done in the next two weeks. It's been down for 9 months. So stupid and useless and wasteful and unnecessary. I hope Dennis gets someone else to do his annual next time. The T-6 is in annual, going well, and hopefully will be back up soon. I have a lot to do with it coming up.
I was approved as a CAF T-6 instructor pilot (IP) and check pilot (CP) finally. It only took 8 months after my checkout flight was completed, three different submissions of the same paperwork to two different officials, three different people pushing, and a flurry of emails to get accomplished, but finally it is. I have several folks lined up who want the training. It may be a busy flying season, once it gets started. I have a couple things I have to do too.
I've been walking on the treadmill so far every day that I've been home. Trying to keep up the momentum of the exercise I got. I found it either funny or depressing or both, that I walked as much as we walked, miles and miles every day, up and down some seriously steep terrain, didn't eat a whole lot most of the time, and when I got back I weighed a pound more than when I left. So that'll make your day. ;)
The cranky is probably Aviation Withdrawal Syndrome...
No new Kaylee stories. She unpacked, she's still on Spring Break but goes back Monday I believe. She's out with friends today. Doing fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment