Kaylee went to see the Nutcracker Suite with her friends last night. One of them was dancing in it, and they went to support it. Steve on his way home from the airport that night almost lost control on black ice, so we were a little concerned about the 16 year olds on the road, only to find that the other girl's (who was driving) dad was also concerned and came from Greentown to drive them all home. We appreciated that. Everyone has to learn how to drive on snow and ice, but I don't need the other girl's first time ever involving having my daughter on board for the learning process. No offense. ;)
Last night Kaylee was up too late--I heard her laughing on her phone at 2 am with her friends. So this morning when I made sure to get up at 9 am, I waited an hour and then tried to wake her up. She was NOT happy about that, but I told her she had to get up so she could get to sleep and wake up early for school. She was grumping, so I broke out the big guns, and made bacon. From the other room I heard "I want bacon!!" I fixed her bacon and my last egg, over easy, done perfectly, and slid it to her, and after she ate she was awake and alive. ;)
The three of us have gotten Christmas started around the house. The Christmas Tree is up on the deck, with white lights, colored balls, and airplanes. Simple and uncluttered, per Kaylee's request. She wanted the white lights and the colored balls, Steve and I wanted the airplanes. We got out the nativity scene, and some candles, and the huge hot chocolate/coffee mugs, and have a few things to put up around the inside of the house, and hang the stockings with care.
The cats are curious and interested, Steve is working on an electrical issue in the garage, I was fortunate that CVS had milk today after it snowed because of course I had to run out of milk and eggs right after it snowed and you know people strip the shelves of that stuff each time it happens. :) That's life around here today. Kaylee's working on homework and piano practice, and occasionally helping us with the decorations, Steve's working on decorations and electrical issues, and I'm working on decorations, loads of dishes and the usual shenanigans.
No comments:
Post a Comment