Monday, October 23, 2017

Weekend

Kaylee has been coughing her head off.  Like one of those I used to get, or Mom used to get, unproductive cough that lasted forever, that wouldn't be touched by any kind of cough drop or cough syrup.  She got 2.5 hours of sleep last night, her muscles hurt, she's tired and frustrated and nothing she takes is touching that cough.  Tomorrow I may have to take her to the med clinic.  I don't know if they will or if it's even a good idea, but the only thing that touched mine was codeine cough syrup, to help you sleep at night.  *sigh*  I feel so bad for her, I know what that's like.  The last time I had it, mine lasted for 6 weeks, and I was drinking bottles of cough syrup like water, and it didn't go away until I was out in California.  Three days in the dry air and the cough was gone.  I can't take her to California for three days, so I really hope SOMETHING helps.  :(

I lost much of yesterday and basically all of today to a headache.  The weather tanked and turned dreary, and I guess that didn't help.  I was supposed to do some aerobatics in the T-6 yesterday, but the 25 knot gusting crosswind at 50 degrees and the headache made that a no go.  At 9 pm I had a flight to Columbus, Ohio, but the weather was nice and the 340 I can fly pretty much in my sleep.  My head was better by then too.  The night before I'd flown the family over there.  I got home around 1 am each time.  Today was bad, I got sick from it.  Finally around 6 pm it was gone.  Ugh.

The trips to Ohio and back were actually nice.  I got multi night current in the first night when I went to Jasper County to pick them up, Ohio to drop them off, and home.   Late nights for flying, but beautiful...

Time to pick up Kaylee from Encore practice.  I might give her a sleeping pill to knock her out for tonight.  I hope she can sleep okay...

No comments: