Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Hump Day

It's been drizzly and grey and damp and IFR, and to be honest, I was perfectly fine with that.  It really took me until today to recover from the weekend.  How do you know when you're getting old?  When it takes you two days to recover from something that used to just take a good night's sleep.  :p

Kaylee's band had Community Night tonight, where they play their marching bad routine for all the parents/community.  It was drizzly and rainy, so they did it inside the Performing Arts Center.  The music was good, it's about "clocks", and I think it's clever.  They perform it for Regionals Saturday in Lafayette.  I'll be in Columbus flying, but Steve is going to get to go.

Kaylee is working on a talent night show with her friend Meredith, to do a mannequin head dance.  They put mannequin heads on their heads and zip them up in a sweatshirt and dance that way.  It's actually pretty funny.  Talent night is early November, so I'll be sure to do my best to be there to video it for you.  :)

Last night Steve got a phone call from the 80 some year old radar tech Navy veteran who I took up in the T-6 for a bucket list flight last week.  He said he'd been showing some friends the video of his flight, and the wife of his friend said "That looks like a lady flying the plane."  Her husband said "No, that wouldn't be a woman flying that plane."  My rider said it was indeed, but his friend didn't really believe it.  So he called to see if I could meet him back out at the airplane to get a photo taken with me and the plane as proof to his buddy.  So we did.  That really cracked me up.  I hope his buddy appreciates the photo.  I told them I'd like a copy  too.  :)

I was supposed to fly the L-2 from Sheridan to Kokomo today.  Of course it was IFR all day, so...nope.

One of the ladies from Dallas took this photo and posted it on Instagram.  She said something about Laura Stants, the Queen of T-6s, holds court on the WASP T-6.  Also kind of made me laugh.  


No comments: