Kaylee's taken on driving in full force now, and doing great! Backing out of the driveway, parking carefully in a few easy spots so far, driving at night tonight, learning tonight about brights, where to look (and not look) if someone is blinding you with their lights, looking before going anywhere, even had her first person pull out in front of her yesterday, not see her, and she had to get on the brakes to avoid them. She saw them coming and was ready and able to stop. Good situational awareness, and gaining confidence fast. Great job. :)
This morning I flew the PT-26 with someone who has been just struggling like crazy with the whole tailwheel thing, even in an airplane I barely considered a tailwheel. Well, today he had a big old breakthrough, and I was pretty excited about that. Sometimes you wonder if they're going to get it, and he's worked pretty hard to get there, and I was just happy for him today. He's not solid yet, but huge improvement...
This evening I took the T-6 up from the front as a post-maintenance test. I also did some early stalls, loops and rolls, and a couple three point landings. Rolls were pretty good. Loops...first one was good, the others were meh. Stalls went fine but I caught them all early enough to not get exciting. Just feeling out the plane is nice enough sometimes. Landings were greasers though. I need more loops, more aggressive stalls, and more back seat time.
Steve and I ate at Hydration Station in Greentown and waited for Kaylee to be done at band practice. My chili dog was pretty good, actually. Then she drove me home in the dark, and I'm here answering emails and putzing around before hitting bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment