I saw a thing getting passed around on Facebook that said we shouldn't celebrate the "4th of July", but "Independence Day", so as to not dilute what it is. That we don't say "Happy 25th of December!" for example. This is true, and I always have liked the name "Independence Day" anyway, but I shant be militant about it. Taking something too far seems to be the new religion of everyone on every side of every issue. So I agree, I like the name of the holiday and what it stands for, but having a meltdown over someone else saying "4th of July" isn't in the cards for me.
This is one of my favorite holidays though. I love patriotic. And fireworks--who doesn't like fireworks? Well, besides our cats and other people's dogs and apparently some veterans. But otherwise, fireworks are awesome! Our cats were horrified by the noise last night. I'm not sure when and why Dulcie became so scared of storms and fireworks--she didn't used to be. But buddy she hates it now. She buried her head under Steve's arm for awhile last night, like a small furry scared child.
Kaylee got back to me late last night that she's doing okay. She's isolated from the campers a lot which she doesn't like, but it was also just the first day. She says they're (the camp leaders) doing the best they can, which is a pretty mature reaction from someone not thrilled with how she's getting to spend her time. I just hope each day brings something fun and good that she can enjoy.
Steve and I could have slept in, but did we? NO. I woke up at 6 am for no good reason. He got up at 6:30, and I got up shortly thereafter. Boo. I wanted to bring a dessert to a get-together being held at Sam's place at Glenndale, so on a whim I went to J Edwards. They had these magnificent looking giant cupcakes, but they were $4/each and I'd need like 20 of them. Nope. So instead I got this strawberry cheesecake, and holy cow was it something else. Real made, there, fresh, thick, rich, creamy, huge. I left it at Sam's so somebody else besides me could eat that whole thing, and just enjoyed my one piece. We hung out there from about 11 until 4 pm or so, and enjoyed a nice day, amazing food and lots of it, and good company with the Glenndale Gang. I took up Dennis's Cub, and Sam was interested in going along, and after I flew with him, I took up his fiance. It was a good Independence Day.
Sam flying us around.
Joyce putting her arm out the door just like a kid--like I do. ;)
Golf cart briggade
I didn't get the other half of the room with all the ladies, but there's an idea.
Happy Independence Day
The flag kept blowing on top of the door. Sam and Jim rescuing it.


No comments:
Post a Comment