Jon had adjusted the idle lean mixture on the T-6, so it needed pulled out, started, and run on the ground. Well, if you're going to go to the effort of pulling it out and starting it up, it would be silly not to at least take it around. So I took off, flew by Glenndale, and came back in, for a quick run. Messed up my hair for the rest of the day, but that's a small price to pay. That is not a bad way to start your morning. The big hangar door was being worked on again, so I parked out on the ramp. It was a windy day, up over 20 knots, but close to the runway, and warm, and sunny, and blue, and beautiful...
After lunch I did come home and practice the piano for awhile. I'm not sure I'm getting any better. But...I must be, right? lol
I had one more lesson today, a checkride prep flight. Winds were up to 24 knots and it was bumpy, but that makes it good practice. If you can do it within standards on a bumpy, windy day, you can certainly do it within standards on a smoother, quieter day.
Steve was out there with a student too, and when we were done we contemplated taking up something to go do some practice, but the winds hadn't calmed down yet and we were both tired and hungry. So we went to Red Lobster for dinner instead.
Kaylee had "Academic Bowl" after school today. The bus took her to Western School, and they had events all evening. Her team came in very well in all categories except English, which is funny, but not great. I went to pick her up at 9:30 pm, she needed food, and we were home around 10, finally.
The welder working on 'our' door hinge.
His hard-working (seriously) wife sitting below.
His hard-working (seriously) wife sitting below.
Messy-headed Post-T6 flight head. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment