Kaylee had Barbershop Quartet practice tonight 8-9:30 pm, and she said they're finally working on movements, that the vocal part is coming together. They have until Saturday to master it, and they're working as hard as they can to get it. I'll try to record it and post it if my camera is working right and it turns out okay. :)
She said she was supposed to be practicing the saxophone thing this morning with two of her fellow sax players, and none of them were up to it, so she decided to practice her vocal solo instead. She was going to leave to practice it, they told her to do it there, so she did. One is the president of the choir, both are in Encore (the main singing group). She said when she was done, the president looked at the other and then her and said "That was GREAT, Kaylee!" So she's hoping she impressed the Encore people, one of whom will at be on the committee to appoint members next year. There is only 1-2 slots open for next year, so she's hoping...
The 3:45 a.m. wake-up call messes me up for awhile. I was too wired to go to sleep until about 1 am, and then I slept through until 11 am this morning. Now it's 12:30 am again and I'm not tired. Not helpful.
I flew with one fellow who has been complaining that we can't get flying in, and has been bugging me about it every time more and more, even though there's nothing I can do about low IFR. Today the winds were a crosswind gusting up to 25 knots, and low-ish clouds, and bumpy, but by George we went anyway, and I worked him out pretty hard. At the end when I asked if there was anything else he'd like to work on before we headed in, he said no, that'd he'd sufficiently scared himself on final when the stall horn came on and realized what I'd been getting on him about airspeed control for, and was ready for a break...and then when he left I found out that he was heading to a birthday dinner--today was his birthday. He got a work-out for his birthday. lol
My phone battery has started biting the dust, and I'm having to keep it on a charger in my car or airplane or home multiple times a day. So my contract is up and I'm available for a new phone, and it should be on its way now. I don't want to go to the newest iPhone model because it doesn't have the plug for my headphone jack. Yes, I could get an adapter but then I couldn't charge it at the same time as I have the ear buds in, which is what I do a lot in cars and planes. So I just went to the last step Apple has before they moved to that new model, the 6s, but I think I'll be pleased with it as it has a larger screen (without the ginormous screen I don't like) and still gives me another couple years with my earphones at least.
Okay, it's 1:30 and I'm going to try to get to sleep. Tomorrow isn't busy, I might not have anything to say at all, and Friday is a trip to Ohio, while Saturday is Kaylee's ISSMA stuff, at least some of it. So I guess we'll see what we get for weather and life coming up here...
No comments:
Post a Comment