Tonight there was a meeting at school for an international trip for students coming up next Spring Break. That would be 2017-2018, when Kaylee is a Junior. This trip is going to Scotland and England. It would be 9 days, and would start in Edinburgh, Scotland and go to the castle there, then on to a Scottish Ceilidh, on to Yorkshire where you tour York Minster, Warwick Castle, Anne Hathaway's cottage, Shakespeare's birthplace, then on to Oxford and London, a tour of Windsor Castle, Big Ben, House of Parliaments, Piccadilly Circus, Westminster Abbey, Changing of the Guard if the timing is right, and go see an actual Broadway play at Shakespeare's theater. You can then tour London on your own. Oh, and Stonehenge! They also have a two day extension into Paris, but have decided that area is too unstable to be able to be certain of the students' safety, so they aren't planning on allowing that. So Kaylee is deciding whether or not she wants to work towards taking this trip. And if she goes, I'm probably going to go with her this time.
Secondly, Kevin and family are thinking of heading to somewhere warm in a couple months, December or January, and I, or maybe Steve and I, or maybe the 3 of us if there's room, are planning on joining him in the Cheyenne. The destination is tentatively Turks and Caicos. I had to Google that. In case YOU'RE wondering, it's a set of islands just north of Haiti and east of Cuba. Warm in Dec./Jan.
I've never left the continental US before, but here's an opportunity to potentially use my shiny new passport twice. I don't know how to file or fly internationally, but fortunately Kevin has done it. It'll be a good experience. I provide a benefit to Kevin, and it'll be fun for me too.
So those are a couple of things to possibly look forward to, if one or both end up working out.
Was there something else? Oh, the election. That was something else, wasn't it? The media was certainly taken by surprise, and it was interesting to watch unfold from a historic perspective. I was up until almost 4 a.m. watching. And now we see.
Tonight was Kaylee's band's fish fry fundraiser. Steve and I went there and had our fish, went to the international tour meeting, met up with Kaylee while she ate at the fish fry, and then finally made it home.
And that was Wednesday...
No comments:
Post a Comment