Thursday, December 03, 2015

Quick Kaylee Clips

I am missing a couple stories I was going to tell, but I can't think of them right now.  So this will be short and sweet unless I remember them and come back to it later.

I told Kaylee today via text that I wasn't going to have her get the two Hep A vaccinations, that there didn't seem to be any reason to have to have those.  She wrote back with "Good, because after reading about it, I decided that if you wanted me to get the shot I would call a lawyer and see if I had any legal standing to refuse it."

Kaylee doesn't know what chair she will have in band for saxophone.  There's a Senior they all assume will be first chair, and a classmate of hers that she assumes will get second chair.  That leaves her with another girl, who is a Sophomore, fighting to get third chair.  I am now concerned that the Sophomore will get third chair and Kaylee fourth, which Kaylee insists would be a tragedy because "Mom, she can't keep time, and she sounds like a lawnmower when she plays."  She will be horrified if she gets placed lower than this girl, and I know she had one mistake in her audition "tape".  I find myself a little nervous for her.

Last night at the band banquet, while awards were being given out and there was a whole lot of constant clapping going on, I looked over at Kaylee and saw her trying to teach the friend sitting next to her how to do the special hand clapping motion that her Grandpa Stants had taught his kids and grandkids.  I poked Steve to point it out to him.  Just a little piece of Grandpa that could be shared, you know?

No comments: