I think five days may be a record for me on not updating my blog.
There hasn't been any flying, both because I marked myself off for the holiday, and because the weather has stunk. I was supposed to take an overnight trip to Mississippi tomorrow, but we're getting almost a quarter of an inch of ice accumulation in the morning, and 100% chance of heavy rain, with thunderstorms down there, and there just wasn't any good way out. When I heard the sleet/freezing rain, that was the end of working with that. There goes two days of pay and a bunch of free seafood, but so goes it.
The Cherries came up and spent a quick two days with us, and took Ann home with them. We had a big brunch, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit, the whole ball of wax. Mom and Ernie came up and spent several days with us too, and I think we all ate a little too well. Ham and potatoes and veggies and big brunches and chicken recipes and all. The cheesy broccoli chicken was better than the one we had the other night. All the left overs are nice, haven't had to cook or make fast food runs, but oh so much food!
The kids made Christmas cookies, Kaylee and Mom and I played Catopoly (Yes, Monopoly with cat stuff), we watched some movies, we hung out, we ran out for a little while and hit a store and Starbucks, we slept in, we opened presents twice, we ate too much, we had a peaceful, restful, happy Christmas.
The Cherry family left and took Ann with them to spend some time down in Tennessee, and we'll be heading down to pick her up sometime coming up. :) Kaylee had a sax practice yesterday and has another one tomorrow, then has a DI meeting in the evening. She's got stuff to do even though she's on Christmas Break.
Mom and Ernie were kept up all night by a poltergeist who was banging on their wall so hard it rattled the room. The next morning Ernie found that it was a gate outside banging right on the wall by their closet. Not too funny when it goes on all night.
I have some photos but can't get them up at the moment, so they will have to wait.
It was a good Christmas, and we are a blessed family.
No comments:
Post a Comment