Thursday, July 16, 2015

WedThurs

What did I do yesterday?  I woke up again in the middle of the night and couldn't get back so sleep, giving myself my second night of not enough sleep, on top of a busy schedule, which isn't great, and I woke up with another sinus headache too, but the good news is I was able to get rid of it fairly early and without any big medicines.  I know, I was supposed to do a Mavrx flight, had cleared my schedule mostly for that one nice weather day, and it clouded over and I was unable to do it.  That leaves me no choice now but to do the flight during our airshow day, or it just won't get done at all.  That's...great.  :(  Of course, maybe that means it's good news that I can't actually fly in the airshow anyway this year since the T-6 is still trapped.  Right?  ;)  I did then end up doing a cross country flight with a student in the afternoon, to Goshen and back.  Throw in a lot of errands and other stuff that were worked on and that takes care of fascinating yesterday.

Today Steve was nice and canceled the 8-10 a.m. guy I was supposed to fly with, so instead I just flew from 10-12:45, 2-4, 4-5:30, and 5:30-7:30.  The aerobatic guys were out in force (that's actually kind of a pun, since a group of four of them are the 4ce.  Get it?)  I went to Muncie and practiced instrument approaches with a guy, went up with another guy and did a fake IFR cross country, the third guy was takeoffs and landings at a different airport, and then the last one was a VFR cross country to Rensellear/Renseleer...eh...Jasper County.  The radios were Packed with traffic.  There was much squealing and feedback going on as everyone talked on top of each other.  It was non-stop talking on every frequency we went to, all day long. I also had a couple of very chatty folks in the plane, too.   By the end of the day I'd had enough noise, and I drove in my car in silence to dinner, just to enjoy the quiet.  I enjoyed dinner and company, then somewhere after dessert it hit me that I'd been not sleeping and rather busy, and I could have fallen asleep at the table.  So of course I get home and don't want to go to bed yet because once I do it'll be time to get up and go to Alabama, though it's at least in the Cheyenne.  Speaking of, I have a copy of the manual for that, and I started looking through it tonight, and my head already hurts.  I can fly the airplane, though I still need more time in it to smooth out and know it better, but Lordy don't quiz me on about anything else.  It has acronyms I haven't seen before and don't understand.  I'm going to have to hit the Cheyenne for Dummies book next...but not this week. 

Steve just said "There's sure a lot of yawning going on over there."  He's right, I'm sucking air in like it's going out of business.  Maybe it is bed time after all...

No comments: