Saturday, November 01, 2014

Domestically

Meanwhile, yesterday, Kaylee had several things going on.  She wore her chicken suit to school for a costume contest.  She said she hoped that other people showed up at the bus in a costume so it wasn't just her.  Steve said when she saw one other kid in a costume, that was good enough for her, and she hopped on the bus no problem.  Her costume included plastic eggs she had stuffed with candy, and when she walked she dropped an egg or two behind her, which cracked open and spilled the little chocolates onto the floor.  She had a great time with it.  Unfortunately, however, she did not win the costume contest.  She said she was beaten by "toast".  A kid took a cardboard box and drew on it to make it look like toast, and she said he won.

After school, Kaylee went to her voice lesson, and after that a friend's mom picked her up and took her to a church Trunk or Treat thing, and she spent the night with her friend.  They had a costume contest there too, and she said the judges didn't even look her over when she walked past the table.  I told her it's pretty hard to ignore a very large chicken!  The next day they did a Fall Festival thing, and then she came home long enough to change clothes, and I took her back out to another friend's house, where they had a party with a bonfire for several hours.  The girl had a busy, active Halloween, and she still got candy too, got to stay busy and have fun, which made me happy since I had to be gone all day.

Our Saturday involved going out to Kokomo, taking the 340 to Muncie for lunch, the guys working on the Aerostar and other things, and me going shopping for food.  I have a workshop making various frozen dinners tomorrow, and I needed a lot of different meat, veggies, etc. in very specific quantities/qualities.  I went to Kroger, and handed the meat counter guy my list, and he said it would take 30 minutes.  I stood down the aisle for 30 minutes and surfed on my phone, then came back, and they hadn't even started my order.  He said he couldn't find me anywhere in the store, I told him I was standing "right there" the whole time, he said they had an order identical to mine so thought it was mine, I said "If it's identical, can I have that one so I can get going while you replace the other one?"  He said no, I was about to make Kaylee late for her party, Steve was still out at Kokomo, and I was annoyed.  Being annoyed got me 2 pounds of chicken for free.  He apologized, slapped a "free" sticker on it, and got it ready just in time for me to get home, unload all of that, grab Kaylee, drive her to Greentown, and arrive at her party exactly 3 minutes from being late.  Hoo-rah.  ;)

After I dropped her off, I went back to the airport, and then we all went out to Applebees for dinner.  By the time we got home, Kaylee was about ready to be picked up.  I think I got home around 10 again.  She'd had a long, busy two days, and she was wiped out!  I think she's coming down with something too, or her allergies are acting up.  She was beat.  I was supposed to prepare my food for tomorrow, but I was too tired...

Kaylee on the right in a chicken costume (Adult size large by the way, the last one in the store), helping kids at a donut eating contest.  Her (very tall) friend B on the left was Little Red Riding Hood.

No comments: