Kaylee had a home game tennis match today. I was supposed to be flying, as was Steve, but the weather was just scuzzy enough that my guys canceled, so I was able to go to her game. She and her partner lost their match, but you know, she really was a lot improved. If she can get her serves down better, that'll just take her to the next step. The team they were playing against had one girl about their same skill level, but the other was a guy, and he was better than any of them. He would do hard, fast serves skimmed right over the net, slam the ball down right on the other side of the net, etc. If he got the ball, it was pretty much over. She even did manage to return a few of his serves and returns, but he didn't belong in that foursome. You know, I kind of wondered why he was put in there. They are supposed to put together "Doubles One, Doubles Two, Doubles Three", etc., with Doubles One being the best team, Two the next best team, etc. Kaylee's team is at the bottom, and this boy was better than the team that was playing our girls a step better than Kaylee's team. I hate to say it, but I think the coach of the other team put him in there as a ringer so they'd win the match. The reason I say that is because of how she treated all the players, ours and hers, yelling, how her players kept calling the ball "out" when it was actually in, how her kids would get SO upset any time they missed a ball, how after one of her other teams lost she berated them until the two 7th grade girls were bawling on the bleachers. She was a really, really unpleasant woman and she took middle school tennis way too seriously. You should always take any endeavor seriously, but there's a line, and she was on the wrong side of it. If I *ever* heard Kaylee's tennis coach reaming her out like that for losing, particularly when she fought hard, tied the game, then just lost in the tie-breaker, like those girls did, that would be the end of that. I know coaches were hard on kids in the old days and I'm fine with it in some sports and age groups, for example. Or if they're working on going to the Olympics or to go pro. But like I said, there's a line, and she's on the wrong side of it. She was a really unpleasant person. Anyway, Kaylee did well for herself today. :)
This afternoon was Operation Hangar Door. The airport provided a fork lift and driver, and Steve, Nathan, Jon, Cusick, Chuck and I were all out there observing, cheering, and occasionally helping. They got the hangar door open, got out the PT-26, the 340 and the T-6, and got the door shut, safely and without any super big hassle, so that was a definite plus. Then it was airplane shuffle time. We moved a 172 to a different hangar so we could put the PT there, took the T-6 over to the aircraft maintenance guy's hangar on field, and the 340 is going in Ed's hangar, where we used to also operate out of for quite awhile. So...at least that's one problem sort of solved, temporarily. The T-6 will be out for the BBQ Bash, the 340 is out for MBros, and the PT is out for the CAF. Good enough for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment