Kaylee wants to start tennis up again this Wednesday at school. So she and her dad, who used to play tennis, were going to go practice together. She wanted me to go along, so even though I've never played tennis in my life, I went too. They started off working on various things from serve to grip to volleys to score keeping, and I was the ball girl. Then I tried my hand at it too. I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be. I don't know how long we played, but it was long enough--I had a flight that afternoon and didn't want to have to take two showers in one morning. ;)
That afternoon I flew to Aurora to pick up a family. I started out a little early in case the aerobatic folks were keeping the fuel truck busy, but they weren't, so I was almost an hour early. Then my family texted and asked to be picked up an hour later than originally planned. The weather had some storms popping up between here and there, so I decided rather than sit at Kokomo for two hours, or drive home for an hour, turn around and drive back, I'd just launch VFR to Aurora and eat dinner there while I waited for the family. That worked out just fine. I had a delicious grilled red snapper meal, wandered around, did some walking, and then after they were delayed by a traffic jam too, we finally made it back home around 9 p.m. as the sun was going down.
Here are a few photos Justin G took at the event yesterday.
Zak helping my second rider of the day into the T-6. :)
I like that you can see the guy in the back seat smiling too. :)
Candy drop to a group of kids, from a C-140. Gotta like that...




No comments:
Post a Comment