I'm trying to get a few things ready for when we leave for Oshkosh. I'm low on contacts, so I call up to order some more, and my prescription expired last month, which means by Indiana law I have to go in and get a new eye exam, which I've complained about enough in the past, but still annoys me, just in case that's not clear. So when can I come in for an exam? Oh, not until mid-next week, and then it takes 7-10 days to get your contacts in. At which time I'll be IN Oshkosh. I ask if they have any "emergency" pairs they'll give to someone even with a prescription one month out of date, and she would, as long as I made an appointment for that eye exam. Mmm. Fine. Got me over a barrel since I do need to be able to see properly.
If you want to write an email to Kaylee, she'd love to hear from anybody she knows--she gets a kick out of mail. Just go HERE and fill it out, with cabin name "Not Sure", and it'll get to her.
Last night I did get two pages of photos from our weekend in French Lick/Patoka Lake put up, and you can see those HERE. We had a good time.
As I'm sitting here, there is a line of storms moving in, and all you can hear is the approaching thunder, and see the sky getting dark out there. The cats are hiding, and I'm sticking my face in the window watching, with no TV or music on, because the sound of thunder and rain and wind is always soothing to me. (On solid ground, of course).
On the physical health end of things that nobody cares about but me, I had sore muscles today and was confused for a few minutes as to why, until I remembered that whole zip lining/hiking uphill for two hours thing. Then I decided I might as well stretch the muscles, so I took my phone and some earbuds and went for a quick 10 minute brisk walk in the park. Not much, better than nothing. As of yesterday it's been exactly one month since I started trying to be more deliberate with eating healthier more often, moving more and upping the water, and I definitely feel better. I have a couple of specific goals, which include strength and health, not scale numbers, though the scale numbers are a nice side benefit. It's just a fair amount of mental energy to be focused on something like this, which is why it falls to the side so easily when other stuff takes over your mental focus. That's the only reason it's been good that I had a slower month for trips--it doesn't help the wallet, but at least I'm not trying to eat out of vending machines all day. Anyway.
I had a woman approach me at the post office today, stand next to me and say "Mail Call. Are you a Patriot?" Um. I didn't handle this whole thing very gracefully at all, because 1) I'm awkward at surprise social interactions anyway, and 2) it was just a little weird. Come to find out, she was a retired Marine, she saw my "Mail Call" shirt and wanted to commiserate with how our country is going down the toilet. right now. She's right, it is, but standing next to someone and asking very solemnly if they are a Patriot is scary in this day and age.
Well, the storm has passed, and we're off to dinner, doing a little Kokomo airshow chatting (planning?) while eating, with a friend/co-worker. Man that's coming up fast, as is Oshkosh. So much to do...not so much for me, but Steve is swamped...
No comments:
Post a Comment