Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mom Day

Normally I steal today, sleep in, ride the motorcycle, go out and fly the T-6 if it's available, and have a little Mother's Day my way.  Today I slept in, and the rest of the day I was going to Kaylee's play, going to the after party, getting dinner, going to the store, getting gas in the car, and you know, this is the most deserted I've ever seen that grocery store.  Apparently most women refuse to go the store on Mother's day. No lines?  Works for me.   ;)

Ann and I went to Kaylee's play together today, and Kaylee's friend Maggie and her mom came up from Noblesville too, so that was neat.  Kaylee did a really nice job today, projected nice and loudly and in tune.  Many of the kids did better today than Friday--they had a good showing to end on there.  There will be no more plays for awhile for Kaylee.  School will be out, so none there.  Curtain Call has no more auditions until the end of August, so summer is "off" from acting.  It seems like we should suddenly have much more time again now!  Her Taekwondo will be firing back up, but that's only Monday and Wednesday at least...

Kaylee wrote me a poem for school and gave it to me a couple days ago:

An unborn child in a mother's womb,
cheers and happiness throughout the room.
As the parents wait excitedly for the baby to arrive
the doctor comes in with an exasperated sigh.
The doctor says that the baby will die.
The parents wipe their eyes and cry.

A few months later, they wait again
in that room where it all begins.
The nurse comes in with tears in her eyes,
crying and crying while this new baby dies.
The parents are poor, having spent all their money
buying machines and medicines for their sweet little honey.

The parents go to the doctor again after awhile
waiting anxiously, as they are expecting a child.
The doctor arrives and huffs a big sigh,
the parents look devastated and begin to cry.

After a few years, the parents go again
waiting for it to happen all over again.
The doctor arrives, and the parents begin to fear,
but the doctor smiles, and says "Come here!"
The parents finally get to be happy
and in no time they are cheering and clapping.
They look at her and say that she is their shining pearl;
they finally got their beautiful girl.

She frowned and said "It sounds kind of narcissistic, but that's not how I meant it."  She also said that she thinks she's good at writing but bad at poetry and even worse at songs, but hopes I like this one.  As if I wouldn't.  :)

Tomorrow starts off with a friend of Kaylee's being dropped off at our house early, to go to the bus stop with us, then moves on to her having her "Living Biography" day at school.  I'll talk more about that tomorrow, but it's her paper that she wrote about Nathan...

No comments: