Two hour delay this morning, two hour delay already scheduled for tomorrow morning, both for the cold temps. We had the house cleaned this morning while we went to Glenndale to do a few things. It's still nice to come back to a clean place.
I filled out four short pages of paperwork to be able to get on (another) drug and alcohol testing program so that I can give rides for the CAF in the PT-26. I had to write out my social security number four different times. I suppose that's necessary, but I frowned while I did it. Everything feels like such an invasion of privacy there to me, but nothing is really inappropriate. It's just me. I'm weird and I don't like filling out my life history and personal info to a permanent file for an organization.
I was out doing a few things when late in the afternoon I got a call from Kaylee's play director people, who wanted to know if I could come to tonight's practice and sort and hand out all the shirts. Fortunately I didn't have anything to do but fix dinner, which was supposed to be a full meal of salmon, mashed potatoes, and veggies. So I go to her practice at 6 pm, and the person who is supposed to get me the shirts doesn't show up for half an hour, so I stand there by the door for half and hour. I don't like standing around. She finally comes, and wants me to bring the shirts in so she can do something else, so I go back out to her van and grab this pretty big box filled with tshirts, sweatshirts and hoodies, and as I'm walking back in, I slide on the ice-covered parking lot. But THIS time I caught myself, and after dancing around like Charlie Brown for a second, I was victoriously still on my feet. ;) I took the next hour to sort through all the shirts and match up shirts with the order forms and separate them all. I had a few glitches, until a lady walked in and let me know that some people had already gotten theirs out of the box, four of the people whose paper said "Needed to pay" didn't actually need to pay, and that a Youth XL is the same as an Adult S, and that's why I had extras of one and not enough of another. *sigh* After I got everything ready, I sat for the next hour with nothing to do but stare at my phone, and then they forgot to announce that I was there with their shirts, so as people went running by, I was yelling "SHIRTS ARE IN! Come pick up your shirts!" Right about then, the janitor of the school turned music on the overhead speakers Really loud, so you couldn't hear yourself talk, so that he could jam while he cleaned up. :) About a dozen people didn't pick theirs up, and around 8:45 p.m. I was finally able to pack it up and go home to start dinner, since neither Steve nor I had eaten since we had a half of a salad at lunch.
At the school, while I was bored, I was reading the walls. One wall had a whole deal on the Underground Railroad. Facts, figures, posters, and one I hadn't known, they had passed on messages using quilting blocks. Pretty neat, really. Well, I got to the last block and couldn't believe my eyes. And yes, I became "that" person.
Unfortunately it was too high up on the wall for me to reach the first usage of the incorrect word, but I could barely reach the bottom one. I tried using a pen, but it wouldn't write on the plastic-covered sign, so I went hunting in rooms for a marker until I found one. There were over 50 people there, and one adult who was sitting very close to this. So I waited for my moment, and then I made my move. I can let a lot of bad grammar go, but this is in a SCHOOL. If the teachers don't know English, how are the kids supposed to learn it? Hopefully somebody sees this and fixes the whole thing. I know, it's snobby of me, but I couldn't help it.
The dinner I was supposed to make was going to take awhile. I didn't get home until after 9 pm. We were hungry and tired. So I went on the internet and looked for a different way to fix the salmon. Found a quick one that sounded good, decided to make some rice to go with it instead of doing a bunch of potatoes and stuff, and after Steve took the skin/scales off of the back of the salmon, which was slimy, smelly and gross, I cooked it up in a third of the time of the other recipe, and it was actually pretty good. I even got Kaylee to eat a bite of it. She said "It's okay, not my favorite", but she ATE it. The last time we made her eat salmon it was an all-out war between her and us and we barely won by the skin of our teeth. ;) This time she said it wasn't bad at all. I call that a success. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment