Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Thunderstruck

My intentions for the day were to get up fairly early, get Kaylee up, take her out to Glenndale, and do a flight lesson in the Champ before lunch, go to lunch, then either fly with my student or go to Hannibal, MO to pick up a gentleman. The reality for the day was 600' overcast ceilings and cool temps, which "made" me sleep in too late in the morning, and cancel my student. The gentleman in Hannibal didn't need picked up after all, so I ended up having no flights at all.

Kaylee wanted her hair cut. She wanted bangs. But not normal bangs, only curving side bangs. I told her those are normal bangs you push over to the side. "Nuh-uh" she said. So I took her to the hair cut place, who told her that she'd have to style them herself or they'd just be normal bangs. She backed out, and we both left after just getting our dead ends trimmed up. Now she wants bangs again. We will see if tomorrow brings the courage to chop off her long hair into bangs or not. Stay tuned. ;)

A young man named Nolan created this video from our Kokomo Airshow 2013. He says "Kokomo has been THUNDERSTRUCK!" Kaylee was watching the video and she said "WHO is SINGING this SONG?" I told her "AC/DC, Man!" She got the funniest look on her face and said "They are AWFUL!" She liked the video itself, though. ;) I enjoyed the video too. I think he does a good job with it! Next year I'm excited at the thought of some of the other warbirds we may be able to get to come in too. Should be fun! Also, if I'm doing solo passes next year, they're coming down. While I don't have trouble mowing grass with an airplane, I do have trouble doing so in front of four FAA guys and a bunch of video cameras, even if the guy in front of me just did. Or I did.  Anyway, here's Nolan's video of the 2013 show--enjoy!

No comments: