Sunday, July 21, 2013

FIRC

Dear Diary,

Today I spent the day working on my CFI Renewal Course.  The End.

Every two years your CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) certificate expires and you have to go through a FIRC (Flight Instructor Renewal Course), and pass it, before you expire, or you're no longer legal to be an instructor.  Mine expires in 9 days, and we leave for Oshkosh soon, so I basically had today, my day "off", to get it done.  It's a little mind-numbing.  Okay, it's a lot mind-numbing.  I had to read over 8 sections of information then take 8 quizzes and pass each one with at least a 70%.  I ended up scoring 100% on every quiz I took, but I was mostly just grateful to be done with the thing.  Next I have to take a bunch of paperwork and my existing CFI certificate, get a paper notarized, and FedEx it all off to this place who will process the paperwork for me so I don't have to go down to the Indy FSDO in person to do it.  If all is in order, my temporary certificate gets sent to me shortly and the real one comes from the FAA within 120 days.

Trust me, this is even more exciting for me to do in person than it was for you to read about it.  ;)

No comments: