Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Broiled

The heat index got up to 99 degrees today that I know of, probably higher as it wasn't the hot part of the day when I checked it.  Tomorrow's calling for a heat index of 106, and Thursday for 108F.  These temps are outside in the open air and whatever breeze there may be.  So I had three students today, all in the pattern.  This is like driving around in your car with 100 degree heat, the windows rolled up, the vent blowing hot air on very low and not all the time, the sun beaming in on you, no shade, and of course no air conditioning, and staying in there for about 4.5 hours straight.  Make sure your car seats are plastic, too, for that extra realistic touch.  It's summer, this is what happens in the summer, it gets hot, every summer, so I will do my best not to mention this every day that I sweat to death.  But for the record, it stinks.  Pun not intended, but it works.  You come out of there wilted, red, wiped out, and soaked through.  And sometimes, a little fuzzy/groggy.  Today I took a bottle of water in the plane with me, which I will do more often.  Last year some days I had to bring an extra shirt, but really you need to bring an entire change of clothing.  What a pain...

That pretty much describes my entire day, right there.  This is better than the day that Steve has had, though.

I got to re-solo one student, and the other two are close to their first soloes.

This quote was on Facebook and it made me laugh:  "I’m tired of chasing my dreams; instead, I`m just going to ask them where they are going, and meet them there later..."  Yeah.  I think that's an excellent idea!

Kaylee's allergies are kicking her butt again.  None of the regular meds have helped, so I tried the Claritan D today, chopped up into small pieces so she'd swallow it.  So far, 40 minutes later, she's still stuffed up.  Dangit.  I need to find something to help her...

No comments: