Sunday, April 07, 2013

Next

Poor Roadie is going bald from the base of her tail and spreading north, and she has bumps and bites all over her, especially around her neck and by her tail there.  I've been putting flea stuff on her each month--this time I ran over by a week, but otherwise I try to keep it on her, but we may need some stronger stuff.  She's got some kind of allergy to those bugs, poor thing.  So anyway, I got to the store and got some more flea stuff for her and Dulce both, washed their beds, and hopefully it will help her.

I got all my photos downloaded and edited.  I may or may not get them up on a website in the near future, I'll work on it some tonight I think, but just getting them downloaded and edited took several hours, so was worthwhile progress.  There are some decent pictures in there, I think.

We cleaned the fish tank today, and that was a chore and a half.  It was really dirty, past time to clean, and it took a couple of hours, a couple of spills, all three of us, and a lot of work.  After cleaning the tank, I then had to do a load of towels and clean the sink and a bathtub too out of the deal.  Stupid fish.  ;)

I didn't say anything at first, because man, this page is becoming the "What's Going Wrong with Laura Now" site.  But back in Florida, the day we left, I cracked my toe on a wooden table.  It hurt at the time, but no big deal...until last night when not only were my feet still a little messed up from Disney, now I couldn't put any pressure on that toe, meaning I had to walk sideways or on my heel (which is also still sore) on that foot.  So I'm now walking like a little wretched old lady, hobbling around.  It's ridiculous. I don't think I broke the toe because of how it's looking, at least.  So that's what's wrong with Laura today.  That and the outer layer of skin from my finger that was wounded sloughed off today on almost the whole top digit except for the fingerprint area. I took off the bandaid and the skin was loose and dead over a large portion of the finger, and I had to peel it off.  That one kind of grossed even me out a little bit.  So I'm leaving the bandaid off and letting the air work on it now. The finger is at least back to its original size and almost back to its original color, no more infection.  I'm finishing off the antibiotics still, and it's doing fine--that sounds worse than it really is...

I've been doing laundry since I got up this morning, mostly trying to keep ahead of things since I'm going to be gone a lot of this week too.  I got my bag repacked and ready for Pennsylvania, and I'll be up at 4:45 a.m. to be wheels-up by 6 a.m.  And when my alarm goes off at 4:45 a.m., I am going to smile (even if only on the inside ;)) and be glad that I have this opportunity to earn some money over these next two days, especially doing something I enjoy, a job without which I wouldn't be able to do things like go to Florida, fly the T-6 again sometime, and okay, help pay for the transmission that just dumped on the Jeep the day before we left.  ;)

No comments: