Wednesday, February 20, 2013

OH

First up on the agenda today was a quick turn around trip to Ohio.  The Cherokee 180 was doing 137 knots groundspeed on the way out, which is pretty darned good.  On the way home, I stayed low and below the cloud deck to get as minimal of a headwind as I possibly could, but it was bumpier than heck down there.  I didn't mind the headwind or the bumping around all that much, but I did hit one invisible roadbump in the sky that threw everything off my lap and made my head hit the ceiling even with my seatbelt on.  That was impressive.  It was bitter cold today too, with winds that just cut through you.

I picked up Kaylee from the bus stop, and we were on our way home, behind a line of cars at a turn lane with a green arrow.  Three cars went just fine, but the 4th seemed to be confused.  He kept waiting, slowing down, stopping, looking for traffic, etc. He was looking over waiting for the traffic to start coming at him--but his arrow was still green, which I'm guessing he didn't see.  I politely and quietly said out loud "The arrow is still green for you too", to which Kaylee piped up with "Hey! The GAS pedal is the one on the RIGHT!"  Ow.  I told her she ought to have a bit more compassion, she doesn't know why he might be having difficulty.  But the truth is, that's pretty much the thought that was running through my head too.  So I'm appropriately ashamed of both of us now.

Steve's had a full day from morning until late, not back yet by 8 pm. Kaylee has no homework, which makes all of us happy. And I'll end my afternoon with some quotes from the week.
-----------------

"All those people that told me I would become a morning person when I had kids lied to me.  Now I'm still grumpy in the mornings AND I have kids to witness it."

"We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more."
~Anne Swetchine

"Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life."
~Sophia Loren

All cruelty springs from weakness.
~Seneca

No comments: