The flyover went all right today. I was supposed to be there at 10:35 a.m., and I came over for my first circle right when the clock hit 10:35. They had a firetruck down there with a large American flag hoisted on the ladder, a limo, and rows of motorcycles in the parking lot. I circled about 5 times while they performed the Star Spangled Banner, and then they started their parade down 31.
It was windy and gusty, and I thought of the students I'd just been doing turns-about-a-point with, and here I am doing one, trying to make a nice tight symmetrical circle over the ceremony, and I wanted to call them up and tell them there could actually be real world application from the maneuver. ;)
Well, in seriousness, I consider it an honor to be able to participate in events like that, and I appreciate all who serve/served.
This will be a bit of a subject transition, but this was on the door of the veterinary clinic. I got caught taking this picture of it, but I couldn't help it. I'm not really sure why, of all things, this would be what they wish to advertise on a hot pink poster. I can think of lots of things that might be useful. Tips to know if your cat/dog is sick. An ad on the importance of certain pet vaccinations. Pet adoption clinic numbers and ads. I dunno. But this? I have a hard enough time when the vet's name tag says "Dr. Hiss", and I just want to crack a joke that I am quite sure he won't find remotely funny any more. But when I'm looking at him, and in the corner of my eye I see this, well, it's too much...
Click on it, blow it up and read it. I'll wait. I particularly appreciated the close-up and graphic photos. And on that note, I'll leave you...

No comments:
Post a Comment