Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Prep

"The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest."

Uh-oh. ;)

I've been working on getting ready for this weekend. Again, a bunch of things all going on at once, a bunch of uncertainty, and a bunch of plans changing around, even moreso than is usual for around here. I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow morning, and won't know until a couple people get back to me. I also don't know what I'm doing or when on Saturday. But hey, that's okay!

There was an article on a blog I read, talking about underlying tension of gender roles in pursuit of an egalitarian marriage. Women who work but feel guilty having their husbands help out around the house and with the kids, husbands who try to keep things equal but feel restless and unhappy about it, and basically she was asking about how many women came home from work and felt guilty seeing their husbands cleaning the floor or feeding the kids. All 59 of the comments I saw after that said "Me too!" or some version of that. Proving once again that I (and Steve, for that matter) are the weird ones. I don't feel guilty or weird in the least if I come home from a trip and Steve has taken care of Kaylee or cleaned the bathroom. Nor does he feel unhappy doing it. You divide and conquer, and whomever is home does whatever is needed, with some exceptions where I usually do some tasks and he usually does others, not because they are gender specific, but because I hate scrubbing the bathtub and he doesn't like having to mess with washing the laundry. :)It really bugs me when I hear of ladies whose husbands won't "babysit" the kids so the mom can go do something. Babysit?? They're YOUR kids too! That happens more often than you might think, too. *huff*

Kaylee is packed for camp--she did it all herself tonight while we were at an EAA Chapter meeting. Went down the list and got it all into two bags. I was impressed! I got all her paperwork filled out, signed, and mailed off, got her account set up online for the camp store and such, and she is ready to go.

I'm almost packed for my weekend in Indy, just waiting on the washing machine for the last couple things. I didn't even forget my sunscreen. It's probably going to be a hot weekend, with a lot of walking since I don't have a golf cart this year, a lot of hot sitting under the wing, and a fair amount of hot flying, too. Lots of sweating involved in this one. I'm planning on having a good time anyway. ;)

No comments: