When I picked Kaylee up, she needed to go do "Secret Santa" at her school. So I drove her to that, and she spent $30 and bought Christmas presents for 11 people. And they're nice, too. :) She's good. She walked around and in 15 minutes had these gifts for each person picked out and selected. I saw what she got most folks, and I thought she did well with it.
From there I ran out to Kokomo to get something for Steve and try to find the doggoned exterior power source for the 340. It needed hooked up to a power unit, and we could NOT find where to do that earlier. So I got the POH out and got directions as best I could, unscrewed several rectangular plates which ended up not being it, although I found the battery itself that way, and finally stumbled upon it almost by accident. Not the most intuitive place for it, but by George I've got it. I hooked up the APU and left, starving and tired. I got about 3 miles away and realized I'd left behind what Steve wanted me to get out there, so I turned around and got it. When I walked back in the hangar, the lights were on, and I thought "Man, did I forget the lights?! Sheesh." I switched them off, looked around to see if I heard or saw anyone, and drove of. Found out later I hadn't forgotten the lights, someone WAS in there, and I shut the place down on them. Oops. ;)
When Kaylee walked into the hangar, the first thing she saw was the new 340, and she said "Hey! Sweet Plane!" She asked if she could get in it, so I opened it up for her, and she decided it was smaller than the Cheyenne and a little tighter, but that it was very comfortable and she loved it. Then she asked if she could fly up front with me sometime, and gave it her two-thumbs-up-approval. The final inspection, passed. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment