Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Short -n- Sweet

I am surprised at how few things hurt on me today. Two hours of exercise and one impressive wipe-out later and I'm not doing bad at all. ;)

Our main computer is completely fried, and we're going to have to start from scratch, basically. Not scratch as in "lose everything on it", though, at least. It's a hassle, but this computer has lasted us a long time, and when it's all said and done, we'll be in good shape.

Got a lot done today, both work and personal. Still not caught up, but working on it. Except for tonight, when I am not doing anything of any importance at all, because I don't feel like it. ;)

So, for an exercise in ideas: this March I turn 40, and my mom turns 60. Maybe we ought to do a photo together like we did when I hit 21 and she was 40, a different set of milestones. :) But what do you think I ought to do to end the 30s? Anything interesting, an adventure of some sort to kick off the 40s? A present to get myself? What? Or shall we just roll past it like any other day, which it is? Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to do something different and that's as good as any. ;)

3 comments:

Steve said...

How about a condo on the beach. Jimmy Buffet playing in the background. Your favorite beverage and the Kid playing in the sand.

Steve said...

or.... Gatlinburg. Chalet in the mountain. Hot tub on the deck. Jimmy Buffet in the background. Your favorite beverage and kid playing in the dirt.

Steve said...

or.... 3 day cruise on the open sea. Jimmy Buffet playing in the background. Your........