So as of today Steve and I have been married for 15 years. I'd say so far we've managed various stages of better and worse, richer and poorer, sickness and health, but no death to part us just yet, either accidental or purposeful. ;)
Anniversaries are no reason to not work, but bad weather is. My morning guy was canceled for low clouds, and my afternoon guy canceled because of his schedule, so instead I took Steve's afternoon guy for 1.6 hours so Steve could work on other things.
Kaylee came to lunch with us at Applebees, then drove back to Kokomo Airport with Jon and Trey and worked for an hour on cleaning the bugs off the Baron. I then picked her up in an airplane at Kokomo with my student, and brought her back to Glenndale, where she worked for Steve for about an hour pricing pilot supplies and getting them set up in the display case. Ten isn't too young to be put to work at the family business. ;)
I'm looking into camps to send Kaylee this summer. I found one that has "Performance Arts" and horse riding along with all the usual camp activities of swimming, archery, camp fires, zip line (which I want to do too), arts/crafts, sports, etc. It's a Christian camp as well, which I like, and it's fairly close by in Ohio. There's another camp that our church supports, they're closer, but they don't have the drama or horse activities either one, and those are two things Kaylee would love to do. She is excited at the thought of camp, even when I told her she'd have to get up at 7:20 a.m. each day. She wishes she had a friend to go with her, but I told her that hopefully that would be a good place to make a new friend. She's pretty good at that. :) I'm sure not worried about homesickness with her--that girl just goes and doesn't look back. Not that I can say much, since I've been the same way...we'll see, but I think this is a good year for her to go on her first camp experience.
All these tornadoes are something. Almost double the normal number of tornadoes, almost 500 people killed this year, and we are still in May. As I write this, more tornadic storms are firing up in Oklahoma and Missouri. It's been quite a season.
And the "preacher" who claimed the Rapture was going to occur on May 21st now says October 21st is the REAL day and he's confident about that. I wish he'd just tuck his tail and go away. You just have to love these "Christians". The "church" that spreads a message of hate at the funerals of service men and women, the "preachers" who get people to send them all their money after telling them the world is going to end...
Quote of the Day: "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
~Lady Dorothy Nevill
No comments:
Post a Comment