We've moved fairly slowly on our family day off, and most of us have even taken a nap at one point or another, and yet we've managed to get a whole lot done around here. I finally got the billing 100% done and sent out, I got all my SMA Support checks for the end of the year entered and ready for deposit tomorrow, I got some correspondence caught up, I got several things picked back up including some household chores, gave two backrubs each to Kaylee and Steve who both have their own soreness things going on, and we *insert trumpet noise here* got our Christmas tree taken down and out, all our Christmas stuff is almost back out in the garage, and our living room is put back the way it normally goes. Some trips to the garage and a bit more picking up and things will be back to as normal as we get around here.
Our schedules are busy for next week again, but we've got some big snow storm that's supposed to hit Monday night/Tuesday. Lately anytime they've said "big snow", we've gotten just a fraction of what they said, so maybe that will be the case again. Tomorrow I've got two students who will hopefully get to do their first solo cross-countries, and then I think everybody's out of business for a couple days.
My laptop is on its last legs. In fact, it's been limping for months now, but I've ignored the line down the center of the screen, the two clamps holding the screen together on either side so it won't fall apart, the slowness, and the fact that it will automatically start doing capital letters on its own, or will suddenly highlight everything on the screen, or will quit scrolling properly, or will skip letters when I type. It's been irritating, but I know to hit the shift key really hard and then it will stop typing in caps or highlighting everything, for example. But now I have to add to the list of issues a screen that flickers bright down to dim-can't-read it and a charging cord that gets so hot that it will burn you if you touch it. That's not good. So I think it may be time to retire this very old laptop, that if nothing else, has held on for a VERY long time. :) Here's hoping I can actually get FrontPage to run on a new laptop...or I'm hosed. :O
Well, my Colts lost, barely, but if they had to lose, at least so did Michael Vick. Now if somebody can take out Tom Brady, I'll call it a wash...
No comments:
Post a Comment