I went out to Kokomo right after I dropped her off so that I could get our Chief down to Sheridan at its new hangar home. I was rushing a bit because today was the day the President and Vice President were coming to town, so the airspace was closed as of
10:30 a.m. A TFR can change without warning, and being caught out flying when the President flies in would be a very bad thing. The winds were going pretty good this morning, more than I thought they were going to be, and that light little Chief just elevated off the runway about as soon as I put the power in. In the air I was aimed to the west to go to the south. It was a long flight down, and the wind wasn't even a headwind, thank heavens. Other than the icy wind, it was a beautiful sunny day.The interesting event in this city today was, of course, Air Force One landing at Grissom, downtown being blocked off, US 31 being blocked off all north of town, the President and crew visiting our Chrysler plant and several little shops downtown, etc. Much of Kokomo was completely unaffected, and I got my stuff done with no problems, other than of course the inability to get the flights in we needed to today. So now my schedule for tomorrow is booked up solid from 9 a.m. through to 6 p.m. And it's supposed to rain. *sigh* I wonder if, when they left, they discussed what a thriving metropolis Kokomo really is. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment