Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday

This was what a Friday is supposed to be like! A nice Fall flight in the morning with a student, followed by a very relaxing lunch at the airport, followed by a run to a store (okay, not my favorite thing), followed by picking up one very excited kid at school. She'd gotten all A's on her papers today, and she had A Birthday Party to go to tonight. It was a birthday sleepover with a total of three 10-year-old (almost) girls, and she's been looking forward to it for over a week. She picked out the presents, she wrapped them, and she's been ready to go ever since!

Steve and I dropped her off at her sleepover, then went over to a local restaurant in town and enjoyed some live music, some really good food, and a little time to ourselves. I am now officially stuffed and content. :)

I was sort of wishing Kaylee could have been at the restaurant with us though, because the band there consisted of two guys, one of whom played an electric acoustic guitar, and he was good. He was playing bass with his thumb while playing the melody and strumming with his other fingers, and he never missed a beat. She would have really enjoyed watching him play, and it might have even inspired her a little bit.

While I was at the store today I saw a book about Justin Bieber's life. He's what, 15? And has a book out about his life? Just like Miley Cyrus, I guess. Silly.

I look forward to the weekend! :)

No comments: