Kaylee helped walk the dogs several times, and this morning we all went on a long
walk around the area. It is probably one of the last nice weekends as far as weather, temps in the 60s, bright blue sky and warming sun, fading tree colors, it was just a nice day for a walk, and an even nicer day for a flight home.Speaking of the flight home; I had just been handed off to Terre Haute approach, told him I was level at 7000', and he came back on with the barometric pressure, and then said "Hey, Laura!" I blinked for a second, because this wasn't my home turf people, and nobody should know me down in Terre Haute. I repeated back the pressure, then said "Who've I got?" He said his name was Doc, and then he said "You don't know that your name is in the remarks section of your flight plan, do you." No, no I did not. He asked me how I filed, so I told him through ForeFlight off of an iPad, and he let me know that sometimes those programs will put your name down in the "remarks" section. Good to know. Not a problem or anything, they have my name on file anyway, but still kind of funny...
We were actually late coming home. We were supposed to make it home around 3:30 or so in order to drive down to Noblesville by 5 p.m. for a trick-or-treat extravaganza with her friend Maggie, but we got a late start, and I ended up touching down at Kokomo at 4:30. That meant no trip home first, no change of clothes from the boat, no dropping off bags or getting the right shirt for Kaylee's costume. I didn't even put away my airplane-I hopped out of it, threw my bags into the Jeep, and walked away from the plane on the ramp. Steve C. put it up for me. As I was driving out of the parking lot, I look down and find myself below 1/4 tank of gas. Perfect! I figured I'd just drive and see if I had enough gas to get there without stopping. I did. ;) I was about 20 minutes late, which wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been, and seemed to be just about in time for the festivities.
Kaylee (flamingo), Maggie (Orphan Annie w/dog Sandie), Hannah (Tinkerbelle), and a friend from next door named Candy (Belle) went trick-or-treating around their neighborhoods, and they were really very active. Kaylee ended up with more candy
than she's ever managed before--a huge bag full--and there was some good stuff out there! One neighbor handed out full-sized candy bars (now that's my kind of place!), another guy worked for Nabisco and was handing out entire store-size boxes of Oreo cookies! Lots of good stuff out there. Glow sticks and bells, chips and drinks, real chocolate, just all manner of goodies. And no Tootsie Rolls that I saw. ;) Kaylee had a Blast. She loved it, and this was the first year she'd gone trick-or-treating with anybody but me. I have a feeling she's not going to want to go back to just going with me ever again, either! Her comment was "This is the best Halloween EVER!" She got to wear her flamingo costume, she got so much candy I'm going to have to meter it out, she got to race from door to door with friends, and Halloween remains her second favorite holiday of the year.By the end of the evening, poor little Tinkerbelle was so wiped out she was dragging her bag of candy behind her on the concrete. The girls slowed down, we finished off another block, then headed back to gather the rest of the adults and go to Subway for dinner. Kaylee and I hadn't eaten since lunch, we'd been running non-stop from lunch on through to 8 p.m. here, it was dark, my Jeep was out of gas, Kaylee was tired and so was I, and it was a really nice day, but it was time to Go Home!
I hadn't slept real well the night before--I never do, like back in the days I used to sleep in my friend's basement, in a room with no lights, on a waterbed, and I used to get the most horrific nightmares. I still get nightmares or weird dreams when I'm on water or waterbeds, particularly in a dark room, and keep waking up, never able to fall into a nice deep sleep. And...I have no idea why. Just weird, I guess. :)
When we got to the gas station tonight, Kaylee asked, as she always does, if she could help. I always say no. This time I figured, why not? I let her swipe the credit card and fuel up the Jeep (with me standing right there, of course.) She did just fine.I got a bunch of trick-or-treating pictures, and I've downloaded them all, but I've hit the proverbial wall, and I'm going to bed! I'll try to get them up tomorrow.
Edit-it's tomorrow. ;) I've got photos up from the lake, and from trick-or-treating last night...
No comments:
Post a Comment