She's back!
When I woke up this morning it was to Kaylee snuggled up against me. She'd sneaked in sometime this morning and I was so wiped out I never even heard or felt her. We both slept in this morning, and boy did I need that.
I left Kaylee with Steve at Culvers while I hopped in the RG and flew it to Muncie for a lesson. He was working on instrument approaches, first time in a long time, and it was a hazy, hot and bumpy day. This all means it was a lot of work, and as we were finished up for the day, I said something about it being quite a workout. He comes back with a very dry "Yes it was, and I'm pretty sure my deodorant was not up for the challenge." I burst out laughing, literal out loud laughing--I just did not expect that from him.
Kaylee had been a very good girl, very patient sitting at the office while Steve worked and talked on the phone for hours. So now it was Kaylee time! I picked her up from Glenndale and we went to the library to stock up. She got a stack of books bigger than she could carry by herself, so she'll have something to keep her occupied now and then. We don't have any kid TV channels right now, so she's been on her own like the good old days for awhile here, minus the computer which she has also not played for a couple weeks. From the library we went over to...Da Mall. Kaylee shopped at Claire's Boutique, picking up a couple of toys and some color-changing-with-mood nail polish. We hit up Target next, and after exhausting ourselves (okay, just me), we stopped for a cinnamon sugar pretzel and a drink. We didn't get home until almost 8 p.m., and Steve walked in the door about one minute after we did.
It's good to have her back! Now she's settling in, getting her clothes unpacked and her room in order, and me, I need to work on my pictures still-I can't stand having so many days go by without getting them in order. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment