Well, this was a fun day. :) I got to go flying in the morning, got to enjoy lunch with friends, got to go flying in the afternoon, then got to get out of the airplane and send a student on their first solo flight. It was an up to 15 knot wind at up to 50 degrees off the runway, which is more wind than I've first soloed anyone in before, but if he can consistently and safely handle it as long and as many times and ways as I had him do takeoffs and landings today, well, there's no good reason not to. He doesn't know it, but there was a small crowd in the FBO building watching his solo take offs and landings. :) I wasn't planning on soloing him in today's winds, so I didn't bring my camera along, but sometimes you gotta go with it when it's right. Right after we got done flying, THEN the clouds went away and the sun came out, but hey, at least it came out.
I didn't get Kaylee from school until right when After Care was over, and we came home long enough to do a few things, then turned around and went back out to Glenndale for the night's EAA Chapter Meeting. We had a guest speaker from Grissom Air Reserve Base's Museum, and talked about the B-17 that is coming to Kokomo in July, the Airshow we're having July 3rd, and the Aerobatic competition we're hosting at Kokomo in August. There was a pretty good crowd tonight, Chuck made popcorn, somebody brought drinks, and everybody had a good time. :)
The night was polished off when I got home to a phone call from a classmate's mom who would like Kaylee to have a sleepover at her house tomorrow night, starting right after school lets out. A little conversation and the ground rules spelled out, and Kaylee can't wait.
Hmm, the weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, too. Even better. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment