Kaylee passed three "tasks" in Gymnastics today, all in "Vault", which means she's passed all the required sections/tasks in vault now. She's passed 10 of the 19 required items for Level Two gymnastics and is enjoying it. They said in order for her to pass the section on "bars" she had to increase her core body strength. Her arms are strong enough and her legs are strong, but her stomach muscles/core muscles aren't. So they suggested she work on her upper arms and stomach muscles and that once she gets that, she'll knock through several other tasks pretty quickly.
How many kids do you know who like lima beans? How many people do you know who like lima beans? She loves the things. I fixed her some for dinner tonight and she was quite happy popping them in her mouth. (I ate one just to be sure, and yes, I am sure that my opinion of lima beans has not changed.)
Kaylee really has pushed hard on the pierced ears thing still. Today on the way home from school she started listing all her friends that have pierced ears again. She doesn't know that I look forward to her getting this done too. ;)
I went to the store to get supplies for reindeer cookies for Kaylee's school along with a bunch of supplies and some pajamas for her to wear to school this Friday for pajama day. I'm picking up dough ingredients, icing, looking for a reindeer cookie cutter, and what do I spy in the frozen foods section? Pillsbury dough with Reindeer in each cookie. Saved myself a lot of money and time right there, and we can make our own Christmas cookies over Christmas break when we have time to make a giant mess in the kitchen and have our traditional holiday fun with it instead of cramming it in on a Thursday night after school.
Kaylee's asleep in bed buried alive under a pile of stuffed animals and a cat, and I'm sitting on the couch listening to a cappella music while drinking hot chocolate. Life is good. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment