Thursday, August 06, 2009

Summer Lives On

For the old Logbook, I flew with KL 1.4 today, doing more slow flight, lots of stalls, a bunch of engine out procedures to landing, heavy duty slips to landing, and then got out and let him go off on his own again. It was sure a pretty day for it, too.

I took my own advice today, and took Kaylee to the pool. I had promised I would go down the giant slide with her at the pool after she passed into Level Two, and today was the day. We ended up walking back down the steps of the big slide because they wouldn't let the two of us go on one tube at the same time and she was too scared to go down by herself. So instead we stayed and swam and played in the water for three hours for $5.50 each. Not bad! Even better, we both had a lot of fun. The water felt really good. I took her in the 7' deep end and had her swim to me and on me and I went with her into the kiddie area with the shooting jets of water. We played Dolphins and Mermaids and had an underwater tea party once. I tried to teach her how to get a good launch and distance gliding through the water without kicking or flailing arms either, and took her by surprise when I swam under water with my eyes open and chased her around. I launched her into the air, and would reach out and give her an arm to hang on to when she got a little worried in the deeper water. We rode a couple of tubes around the "Lazy River" for awhile, which has a nice little current to take you around a path, through some "rapids" and "waterfalls" and such. Other than the Lazy River, we swam non-stop for hours, and I can feel it in my muscles. That was some good exercise, and fun to boot. By the time we came home our hands and feet were all pruned up, our cheeks were sun "kissed" even after plenty of sunscreen application, our stomachs were hungry, and we were a good-kind-of-tired.

Vive l'été!!

No comments: