Today in the car Kaylee asked me if she knew every word in the English language. I told her no, that I doubt anybody knows all the words in the English language. After a brief side-track about how God knows all the words, I say he isn't a person, she says Jesus came to earth as a man and he IS God so it does too count, I say okay, okay, fine, smarty pants, but no other human knows every word in the English language. This started us into "So tell me a word I don't know, Mom." I thought for a minute and said "How about 'superfluous'?" She grinned-she liked that word. She wanted to know what it meant, so I told her it meant unimportant, unnecessary. She thought for a minute and wanted me to use it in a sentence. I did, she nodded and skipped off happy to learn a new word.
I was reading someone else's blog, and their spouse used the word "puissant" to describe them. I had to look it up. It means "powerful", "mighty". I like that. And I learned a new word in the English language today too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment