Monday, November 24, 2008

Vitamin D

I woke up this morning bright and early, 6 something, and went out to Kokomo to tag along with Nathan in the Cheyenne to Florida and back. We took off out of here in rain, haze and scuddy low clouds with a little bit of freezing rain action, but as soon as we broke out on top of the clouds it was blue skies most of the rest of the way. There was an area of precipitation below us, but that's the beauty of the Cheyenne-you can get above a lot of that. The flight director failed in flight (so no autopilot) so Nathan played autopilot and I played back-up autopilot a couple of times, some in IMC, which was good practice for me. It was sunny and warm in Florida, and I wandered around in a t-shirt and no coat for awhile and soaked up some sunshine. On the flight home, the sun was setting on the overcast layer of clouds, and it was just a beautiful, peaceful sight. It was overcast, cold and gray all day in Kokomo, but we got to spend most of the day in the sun both in the air and on the ground. Works for me.

I got home at 6 and Kaylee was at cheer practice and there was a roast in the oven. Now we're talking! ;)

No comments: