It's always rewarding to take someone from not knowing anything about flying to sending them off in an airplane all by themselves for the first time. It's a lot of hard work they put into getting to that point and I'm always proud of and happy for them. Here's a photo I took of their first takeoff on their own. :)As you can see, it was a pretty morning. After I left there I went to Glenndale until lunch time, and after lunch I ran errands until it was time to grab Kaylee at school. One of my errands was to stop at the nearest Redbox and pick up the new release "Tinkerbell", the movie. Kaylee shrieked when I handed her the video case in the car, and she raced through her chores so she could watch it before Awanas.
Kaylee said "All Disney movies have a lesson for you to learn. This one was about being proud of your talents and who you are and not trying to be someone else." She's exactly right, too, I thought that was a little insightful of her.
These are the quotes that came in today...
"People who consider themselves victims of their circumstances will always remain victims unless they develop a greater vision for their lives."
~Stedman Graham
"Don't be disquieted in time of adversity. Be firm with dignity, and self-reliant."
~Chiang Kai-Shek
"The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this, always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed upon my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers."
~Helen Keller
"The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper."
~Aristotle
No comments:
Post a Comment