Thursday, August 07, 2008

Ah, Productivity

My first task of the day was to go out to Kokomo and pull out an airplane to be used in a Freshman Orientation Film that IUK (Indiana University of Kokomo) was putting together. It was a skit, and part of the skit involved an airplane, and they didn't even need to go flying. They sat the actress in the left seat, and had these phone headphones. I said "I have a real headset you could use." but they weren't interested and said they weren't too worried about the realism since it was more a funny skit part of the movie anyway. I tried. ;) You know, we get some of hte most odd requests relating to aviation sometimes. lol

Kaylee and I met up with Judy, Maggie and Hannah for lunch today, and then went on over to "Go Bananas". This is a kid place filled with blow-up jumpy things of all shapes, sizes, obstacle courses, etc. They loved it. They ran and jumped non-stop the whole time, going from one to the other, down a 12' slide, through inflatable obstacles, all that stuff. They also had one of those inflatable things where you put on a big vest attached to a giant rubber band and run as hard as you can and try to "stick" a velcro thing to the velcro side and see how far you get. Kaylee would run, the rubber band would pull her back, and she'd go flying off her feet backwards. She loved it. The other one that was funny was one of those "sticky" walls. She put on a huge velcro suit and ran and jumped onto a velcro wall and "stuck". It was so funny to watch her running in what looked like a sumo wrestling suit, way too big. She was always a little timid until her last run-she took a good run and it and flung herself up and forward and finally hit the wall a decent distance up there. But the suit was so big, IT stuck to the wall while SHE slid out of it, giving herself a "wedgie" as she said. It was really funny to watch-I should have gotten a video of that one. We stayed there until it was nap time, then went our separate ways. Once we left the building I realized how QUIET it was out in the real world. Inside that building, you could hear nothing but children quietly screaming over the sound of a Ton of blowers keeping all those inflatables up and running. Kaylee did have one observation though-one of their rules is "No Running". There is also "No Jumping on the slides" and "One at a time on the slides". So her observation was "The name of this place is 'Go Bananas' but you can't exactly Go Bananas if you can't even run!" But it's clean, well-organized, safe, and fun for kids. Two thumbs-up from our crew. Photos up on her site. :)

I took Kaylee home long enough to grab her gymnastics stuff and a snack, took her to Glenndale for a little while, then on to her class. I came back and entered time sheets, and got that done sometime this evening. I took Kaylee out to Kokomo where she rode her bike for awhile while I did an errand there, and then we stopped at Steak & Shake for dinner.

I got the house picked up a little bit and will do more tomorrow, and all in all it was an uneventful but productive day...

No comments: