Once again we headed to McDonald's, and once again I had a Diet Coke and a hash brown (carefully) for breakfast. See, I have two problems. 1). I can't eat breakfast at 6 or 7 a.m. I am just not remotely hungry at that unnatural hour of the day. and 2)., my body rebels at McDonald's breakfast foods. It's actually one of the few things I like from there to eat, but, uh, it doesn't agree with me. At all. But it's also not wise to not eat breakfast when lunch may be a long time from now. So Diet Coke and a hash brown works as a compromise for me.
We drove to Bartow airport, and we wanted to leave VFR, because that way we could avoid having to get a time slot to get out of there. They had a procedure for taking off VFR, going to a certain spot, and picking up your IFR clearance there, so that's what we did. By then, as the hotel clerk predicted, the fog had burned off and it was another beautiful morning.
We had an uneventful flight to Knoxville, where we stopped for gas and lunch. It was actually a little turbulent down low, but the kids rather enjoyed that, and they would cheer every time we got tossed around. Most people would be very unhappy to sit through a ride like that, but the kids think it's great. ;) We drove into town and sat and ate and stretched our legs before heading out for the last leg home.
We had XM music going, and again it was fairly turbulent. Kaylee fell asleep in Steve's lap, and woke up not much later absolutely freaked out. That has happened at least one other time when she fell asleep in the plane and woke up completely disoriented and panicked. Today I could hear her yelling "I don't feel like myself!" Steve said she was also saying "We have to land! I have to get out!" Poor girl, she was really discombobulated for a few minutes there. I'm not sure if it's a claustrophobia thing, or a simple disorientation/panic thing, or what it is, but she gets really, truly scared for a few minutes.
Coming into Kokomo we had some rain. It looked kind of ugly on the radar, but there was no lightning associated with it, so it was just rain...no convective activity (better known as Stuff To Avoid). We landed at Kokomo and drove the plane into the hangar, after which the rain started
coming down pretty hard, and the wind was blowing enough to make sure you got good and wet trying to load up the car. When we taxied up, the door started opening, and there was Chuck's truck. He had come out to greet us! He said it was Very Very Quiet at Glenndale this week. :)We were home in the 4 pm range, which isn't bad at all from starting off in Florida that morning. We unpacked a few things, let the cats back in the house, and then I laid down on the couch and promptly passed out for awhile. Oh, that felt good, too. More unpacking, a little laundry, putting up My Pictures, and updating my blog and that'll about take me to bed time here.
It was a busy but fun trip. I have to admit, coming from the mid 80s, sunshine and palm trees to gray, cool, and rainy was not the nicest transition, but it's still good to be home I guess. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment