Monday, February 18, 2008

What I Did Today

The day started off fairly typically-I dropped Kaylee off at school, ran a couple of errands, and came home to do a little work. Around noon I met Nathan, Chuck, Judy and Steve at Applebee's and we had a good time at lunch; we didn't leave until almost 2 p.m. From there I went home where I got ready for a proposal I was giving that afternoon. Printing off a couple of pictures, going over some thoughts in my head, changing clothes, that kind of thing.

Steve picked up Kaylee and took her to ballet, and I drove over to Kokomo Airport where bottom line, I have a new job. ;) I put in a proposal this afternoon with the Aviation Board to run a Flight Training Center out of Kokomo Airport, and the Board voted to approve the proposal. Steve will continue to run Glenndale and Sheridan Airports, and I would take over management of the Flight Training Centers we will have at Kokomo Airport. It's to be comprised of three parts. "Kokomo Flight Training Center" which will have the Kokomo Pilot's Club, where I will have three nice airplanes available for standard pilots' training and aircraft rental. Part Two is an "Aerobatic Training Center", with an accomplished aerobatic pilot and instructor taking charge of that department. We'll have a Super Decathlon and a Pitts S2B available for upset training (spin training, unusual attitudes, etc.), airshow and competition instruction. And Part Three is the "Warbird Training Center", which Nathan will operate. It'll have the T-6 and the upcoming TF (Trainer P-51) Mustang. This is going to be very good for Kokomo Airport, and it'll be good for us, too. I look forward to it.

I had a few people offer to come to the meeting with me, but funnily enough I tend to be more relaxed at public speaking when I don't have people I know sitting there watching me. Right, Mom? ;)

So that's what we've been working on/up to lately. We have to go through a contract and get it ready for everyone to sign, and then we're to begin operations as of April 1. So I (and the people helping me) have a lot to do in the next month, from acquiring liability insurance to changing ownership of a few things to website/email set up to promotion/advertising to getting a "Meet and Greet" set up for airport board, hangar tenants, managers, and a few others, and so on. It'll be a challenge I'm sure, but it has exciting potential...

No comments: