Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday...

Yes, I got behind a day. :)

Monday night Kaylee couldn't sleep again. I gave her NyQuil to try to help with the stuffy head and all, and not only did her nose not clear up, it didn't even make her sleepy. Considering it makes ME fuzzy, I couldn't believe it didn't do anything for her. She was awake a *large* portion of the night. So Tuesday morning I decided to let her sleep in, and assess how she was feeling whenever she woke up as to whether or not she should go to school. She slept until 8:30 or so, then got up and seemed in rather good spirits, still no fever or anything, so we slowly got ready and I took her to school just before 10 a.m., and she was fine all day. In fact, when I went to pick her up after school was out, she was in quite a good mood. Apparently she'd just pulled out her own tooth as I was sitting there in line waiting for my turn to pick up. She had a circle of kids saying "Pull It Out! Pull It Out!" so she did. So much for being a "squeamish" girl. I think she chooses how she wants to be at any given time. Girly, strong, gross, whatever mood she's in at the time. Makes me laugh a little.

We didn't have any after-school activities, so I let her have a snack, do her homework, watch some TV and just relax for the afternoon, and she really seemed to be feeling pretty good. Steve set up a humidifier in her bedroom to see if that helped with her nose any, and I had her sleep half propped-up on a giant Hello Kitty pillow thing. We put her tooth in her tooth pillow for the Tooth Fairy, and this time I think she finally went to sleep pretty quickly.

I know Kaylee must have been pretty good and out, because we had a wave of severe thunderstorms roll through and I never heard a peep out of her. There were tornado warnings and everything, which is just *nuts* in January, but hey. The wind was just howling, it was banging stuff around like crazy out there. I actually rather like storms, from the ground anyway...

Yesterday was 34 and I wore a t-shirt and was comfortable. Today was 46 and I wore a sweatshirt and was cold all day. That's just the kind of dreary, overcast, gray day it was!

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing sounds good? You have things you need to do, but can't focus enough to do them. You want to eat something but standing in front of your pantry/fridge, nothing looks or sounds good to eat. You are restless and want to go Do something, but you don't have the energy to actually do it-and when you run through the list of things to go do, none of them sounds quite right. What you're doing is driving you batty, but you can't think of a better alternative. You can't focus on a book or a show or a project to save your hide. I call it "twitchy". That was me. Usually I combat that on a pretty day with a little flight; either a relaxing one out of the Citabria where I can just look out the window and commune with nature and the sky, or a more focused one in something faster where I have to concentrate on what I'm trying to do. Either way, once I land, I usually feel "back". But the weather was not pretty, so I spent a good portion of the day with that icky "twitchy" feeling. (I'm glad it's gone now!)

No comments: