Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tuesday Top Ten: Ten Reasons I Don't Do Top Tens Much Any More

So it's Tuesday, the thought of a Top Ten crosses my mind, and I realize the last one was weeks ago. Why? This is why:

1. I Can't Think of Topics. Back when the topic of the week was handed to me on a silver platter, I could think about it for a few days and then Monday night or Tuesday put it all together and write it out. Now I spend half the time trying to come up with something to Top Ten. Hey, if you think it's so easy, YOU try it for awhile on a consistent basis. ;)

2. It's Hard to Come Up With Ten Things. This kind of goes with the topic, but it's not easy to come up with exactly ten things for any topic. Five would be great. Maybe since this isn't really a group effort any more I should make it Friday Top Five. Sometimes there are way more answers than slots to fill. But it's not so easy to cram creativity into an exact number of entries. Particularly if one's creativity is a little weak.

3. I Get Lazy. If something is taking me effort to think of a topic and effort to come up with a lot of things to write, then the effort involved doesn't seem worth the 'payoff' of having it accomplished. A good Top Ten takes thought and time, both things of which I can easily run short. ;)

4. I Forget It's Tuesday. Well, I do. I forget it's Tuesday, I forget you do Top Tens on Tuesday, I forget to mark down Kaylee's minutes of reading, and...what was I saying again?

5. I Have More Important Things To Do. Okay, not really, but it sounds important. All right, all right, yes I do in fact have more important things to do. I have people waiting on things. I have groups of people waiting on things. I have so many things to do that I have no business being on the computer when I have those things I need to go do. *sigh*

6-10. Re-Read Numbers 1-5 and that ought to about cover it. And why do I feel like I've already done this Top Ten before?

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hmm...maybe I'll just steal your list.

;-)


I miss your lists. You always had great ones.

Cat