I'm going to miss this sleeping in thing starting Monday when Kaylee goes back to school. Worse yet, SHE'S going to miss this sleeping in thing too, and I have a feeling next week is going to be a little hard for the first few days of acclimation.
We slowly got ready, then left the house to run a few errands, eat lunch at Jamie's Soda Shop

(good food and neat atmosphere, but man it's expensive for a sandwich/'soda' shop, and they don't give you free drink refills either), go out to Glenndale to do a couple of quick things, and then we headed off to bowl. Kaylee has been begging to go bowling for real ever since we got the Wii, so today we all three went. We asked for the bumpers to be put up for her, and her goal was to beat us both. She didn't succeed, but she could sure take me if she kept practicing. Have I ever mentioned
I stink at bowling? ;) Bowling frustrates me because I can SEE the angles and what
needs to happen, I just can't get my body to do what my eye/mind is telling it to do. I don't usually stink at stuff, usually I can at least manage average, but bowling is a nemesis of mine. lol Steve used to bowl in the low 200 range, and I've always been lucky to break 100. In fact, my first game was 95. Did I mention the bumpers were up? *cough* But my second game I got a bit more in the groove and I ended up with 126. Third game I got 114. Of course none of it counts, because half my spares were made by bumper bowling...in other words it bumped off the side and then came back to knock stuff over. Kaylee's high score was in the 70s, and Steve's high for today was 179. Kaylee was Not Pleased to lose, and we had to work on sportsmanship. She doesn't lose gracefully, which isn't a surprise since neither Steve nor I much care to lose either. We're just mature enough to hide it better. ;)
We got home around 4 pm, and I actually went and took a nap for an hour and a half. By the

time I got up, it was time to get ready for Kaylee's second "gig" as a cheerleader. :) This time it was at Western High School. The girls really are doing better and better, and I have to admit, it's a really cute routine and they do it pretty well. The crowd loved them, and when they did their first lifts, everybody was surprised, and clapped. When they did the big pyramid at the end, I could hear people around me ooohing and ahhhing and clapping and cheering and really surprised at how high those little girls were going. They have four or five more games, and then there is a competition they are entering. Kaylee has decided that she *really* wants to win that competition.
We left after the half-time routine, and headed to Cone Palace for an after-game-celebratory-ice-cream-cone. :) The rest is just the mundane stuff. We came home, I folded and stuffed and licked the envelopes for the billing for the airport for the month, downloaded
my pictures (did you *really* think I didn't have more pics of the bowling and cheer??), made this update, and it's already 11:20 p.m. It was a Busy day! Tonight Steve and Kaylee are going to "camp out" and sleep in her pop-up Princess Tent in the front living room, as one of the last nights of 'freedom' before school starts back up. Three of us won't fit in there, alas, which means I guess I have to have a king-sized waterbed all to myself tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment