Kaylee set out a cookie, chocolate milk, and this letter she
wrote to Santa, and put it all under the tree. After she finally went to bed, I got out the wrapping paper and finished up all the presents from "Santa", stuffed her stocking, arranged everything, moved Deenie out to the tree without getting caught, and generally was as prepared for Christmas morning as I could be.I woke up early Christmas morning, and looked around, and nobody was stirring, not even a...cat. We don't have mice that I know of. :) So I went back to sleep gratefully. The next thing I knew, I was sensing a very close presence, so I opened one eye, and was eyeball to eyeball with one very large grinning six-year-old wearing a Santa Hat staring at me. She whispered in my ear "It's Christmas Mommy! Get up!"
(Of course the bad thing about Christmas morning pictures is that the adults, unless they are wise and get up early first, are unshowered and un-made-up. At least this adult was. Fortunately, not many photos were taken of yours truly!)
Kaylee waited very patiently, and as soon as everyone was up and ready to go, she attacked her
stocking first, and then we moved on to presents. It was a really fun day. Kaylee was really excited about all of her presents, and she spent a lot of time jumping up and down, screeching, thanking, laughing, clapping, dancing, and otherwise having a very good day. The adults had a good Christmas too, actually. One funny thing...Mom and I ended up getting each other the same gift! Ernie picked it out for me, and almost got one for themselves too; Steve and I picked it out for Mom, and almost got one for me too! Neither of us did, and we ended up each giving the other person the same thing. Apparently we both had good taste and a good idea at the same time. ;)After the Presents Bonanza, Steve fixed a brunch of eggs, pancakes, and bacon, and we ate ourselves silly for awhile.
Unfortunately, our sink was still stopped up quite thoroughly. Now the water wasn't going down at all, in fact. This was not a good thing. Steve worked on it for quite awhile, using the plunger again, taking apart the pipes under the sink, and eventually getting a snake into the pipe. I ended up hearing the snake all the way in the bathroom, and still the water wasn't draining, and there really wasn't anywhere else to go. He put everything back together and used the plunger again, and finally, finally it went. Then he had to check under the house and make sure he hadn't blown something down there, and fortunately it was fine. Now we had a pretty good-sized mess left behind, but we were so grateful to have a working sink again without having to call in a plumber, that I didn't mind cleaning it up at all. Two loads of dishes, a load of nasty towels, and one scrubbed sink later, we were back in business.
When I took my shower, I untaped my toes, and the "bum" toe was a lovely mottled color and weird swollen shape. It hurt when the water hit my toe. I still don't know if it is broken, fractured, or just badly bruised, but either way, I'm not looking forward to having to wear shoes for the first time. :O
Kaylee (and Grandma) played all day long with her new Christmas goodies, and other than cleaning, I worked on getting up my pictures and my Christmas present stuff too. It was a Good Day filled with family, fun, food, and relaxation...once the sink was fixed anyway. ;)
Merry Christmas guys...
No comments:
Post a Comment