good and productive, though busy and occasionally tense, so of course today's had to be flat-out difficult and annoying. Nothing went right. Chuck and I flew to Sheridan in the Citabria to pick up the Baron, but as I discovered shortly after take-off, the Baron wasn't ready to come home after all, so after I turned around and landed, Chuck picked me back up and we headed back to Glenndale, having accomplished nothing. Here is a view I'm fairly familiar with at this point. Though usually it's a big red helmet, not a red hat. ;)The 400 flyers (you know, I looked it up, and it says fliers and flyers are the same thing. Both passengers or pilots in aircraft, and both pamphlets to be distributed. So pick your favorite spelling). Anyway, the 400 flyers I sent out Monday morning were rejected by the post office-I'd put the stamp and addresses on backwards. *sigh* So I pick them back up, run to Staples, pick up a bunch of labels, print out 400 copies of our address and 400 copies of the bulk rate print thing, and start putting the 800 stickers on. Kaylee helped me, and then Chuck & Judy arrived and helped too, and we finally got it done. What I didn't get done included our advertising...thing, and our Flight School pamphlets. Our printers are out of ink, all of them, including now at the office. One at a time, they all died, all FOUR of our color printers, right NOW on THIS upcoming weekend. I can't order an imaging drum (which what I need for two of them) to get here in time, and the other two are dog slow. So...there we have it. Me beating my head with a phone book.
Went to dinner at Cracker Barrel with Chuck & Judy, and the nice carb-induced sleepiness I now feel will probably help me drift off to sleep without a care in the world for tomorrow's busy schedule. Or so I'm telling myself!
A lot did get done, but it didn't come easy today! Here's hoping for a smoother tomorrow!
------------------------------------
Quotes for the Day:
"When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil."
-- Max Lerner
"Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."
-- Nido Qubein
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-- Theodore Roosevelt
"My own experience has taught me this: If you wait for the perfect moment when all is safe and assured, it may never arrive. Mountains will not be climbed, races won, or lasting happiness achieved."
--Maurice Chevalier
"I would rather fail in an attempt at something new and uncharted than safely succeed in a repeat of something I have done."
--A. E. Hotchner
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday."
-- John Wayne
1 comment:
I love that John Wayne quote! Actually I like all of your quotes, you pick good ones, and I really like that one. :-)
Cat
Post a Comment