Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday Top Ten: Ten Little Things That Brighten My Day

"Often it's the little things that can give us a pick-me-up or make our hearts glow. Have any special little traditions or games? Love what you see out the kitchen window each morning? This week's list is "Ten Little Things That Brighten My Day"."

1. Messy-Headed Kaylee coming in my room first thing in the morning for a smile and a snuggle. She's so sweet when she wakes up and cuddles up in my arms for a minute. It's a great way to start the day. I love how she smells, the little noises she makes, the sleepy look in her eyes, and her warm little arms thrown around me.

2. Looking outside and seeing bright sunshine. Something about blue skies always makes me smile. Maybe it's the pilot in me.

3. A warm kitty asleep in my lap in the evening. They're so soft and fuzzy and warm. :)

4. Lunch with Friends. We do it almost every day, eat out at lunch with a small group of friends. It's a nice way to plan for the day-to get together with people you care about and say "So, where are we going today?" and sit and chat and eat for 2 hours. Life is good!

5. iPod. Plugging it into my car and listening to Kaylee sing "Awesome God" in her sweet voice, or plugging it into "my" airplane and practicing to something a little...peppy. Walking through a noisy store or on the treadmill and listening to 'tunes'. Music does a lot to define my mood, or rather I guess my mood defines my music.

6. Flying. A well-executed ILS, a squeak-on beautiful landing, a small taildragger out of a grass strip on a cool evening with the sun setting, the whine of turbines, the roar of a Merlin, the rainbow colored powered parachute floating down the runway. It still doesn't get any better than these.

7. Kaylee smiling up at me as we race down the runway on a 4-wheeler. She kept yelling "Keep your mouth closed Mommy! Don't get bugs in your teeth!" I did in fact get hit in the eye with a bug. But that's okay, we had fun anyway. She would look up at me and give me the biggest gap-toothed grin with her eyes all lit up with excitement...

8. Not cooking dinner. KFC last night definitely brightened my day. Having left-over KFC tonight brightened my day yet again, particularly since I didn't get home until about 9:30 pm.

9. My laptop. Email running, browser at the ready, forums and blogs caught up, say hello to friends, keep my lap warm while I'm sitting on my couch watching tv and still getting stuff done. Love wireless internet.

10. A Day to Myself. I got to see a movie, wander around town, go to a store, get my brows done, eat what I want, read a book, sit in silence in the house and not worry about anything for an afternoon. It was quite lovely, and day-brightening. :)

Lots of little things brighten my days, actually. I am easy to please!

No comments: